Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pre-Easter Hunting in Earnest

Have you ever noticed that anything and everything is adorable in miniature? It could be dog ugly, but if you make a mini version, suddenly it's de-liteful.

So here's my dilemma.

Easter is around the corner, and Morgan is getting ever bigger. Don't worry, she still ranks as super-cute in my book. Unfortunately, the Easter dresses in her size, don't. I have been everywhere. Unsuccessfully as you might have already guessed. (Aren't you smart.)

I'm about ready to call it quits. Except, I'm no quitter. Instead, I call on all of you: help me. Please? I need a lovely (but will settle for merely attractive at this point) pink, white, green or yellow (unless it's captivating, and available, in a different color) economical (be reasonable) Easter dress (or shirt/skirt ensemble) preferably with sleeves (unless a stunning sweater is available for a song, though dancing is better). If I ask for shoes, is that pushing it? Ok, I won't ask.

Oh, and a matching/coordinating tie for Bub's (sorry kid, it's all about the dress.) Not to mention one for Andy (not mandatory- he can't speak his displeasure, tho I'm confident if he could, it would not be about the lack of coordinating Easter ties.)

Can you stand how easy to please I am? (Yeah, neither can Leroy.)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Well, I was going to give some suggestions, but I think this might require a personal consultation. Wanna go shopping? ;)

Brooke said...

I was at target today. And while the selection was in no means dressy I was rather taken with a few tank dresses they had including a white eyelet one. And they had cute white sweaters in both long and short sleeves with the three top buttons.

I got a blue striped shirt for Max there (he already has a blue tie) although as I am typing this I am realizing Holy Cow is going on now and they have $5 ties...cheaper then the $8 shirt...I may have to do a return and Holy Cow run (wanna come?).

I think they have darling little boy ensembles at target too.

My girls are getting sweaters (the white target ones) to go with their skirts which I am making out of the dresses I made them last year that they hated. Hey, the material was cute they just weren't into the pioneer look.