Thursday, September 4, 2008

This is a figment...

and therefore part of your overly active imagination. My blogging, that is, when I have 38 other things I should be, need to be, doing. But, I find I need to do this more than say blog about the kids first day of school (this is the 5th and 7th time for each of the Biggies, after all) or Bub's scoring of his first goal of the season (again, since it's not his absolute first, does it really count as crucial blogging??) The fact that Andy is finally (geez- the little guy took his first steps two months ago) walking/waddling penguin style (it actually resembles Frankenstein more accurately, but it didn't make for an attractive mental pic; couldn't do him that much of an injustice since I'm already outting his lack of perambulation) should definitely cause some blogging angst. Yet, no. Well, yes, it is still coming soon to a Blogger site near you.

Anyway, I sit before you writing my little heart out because of stinky politics. Yep. You heard me. I am more bound up now than an 8 day constipation would make me. Ewww. Scratch that. You get the drift. I can't decide how to vote! I should already have the candidate's name and 80 kilowatt Grin tattooed on my lower back already! *This is not to be taken literally. I only have so much room on said back after all and elections come every 4 years, or sooner if including local...)

The point is, I am not etching either Obama or McCain's name in any sort of wood pulp ever. I sinply do not heart either one and I have tried hard. Now that the VP's are in it too- even worse. I mean, Palin for Pres is on the rise after what, 6 days? Biden didn't exactly stay out of the kitchen with his patronizing 'good looking' response to Palin. Seriously, that's what you have to say about her??

On the other hand, she did come out swinging. Or should I say biting, mastiff style. Gotta say, after hearing her speechifying, the girl's got talent. She was made for politics with her: needle-sharp wit (and a great writing staff), good looks and charm-a-plenty(hey, I can say it- I'm a woman, and DANG, she's hot), pit-bull mentality (that one could come back to bite her- and already has), combined with mass appeal (she's a middle class hockey Mom, kinda. ) What's not to like about that? Meanwhile, she underscores McCain's pro-life policy with her erstwhile seventeen year old >who plans to keep the baby and marry the now infamous boyfriend, while her special needs child tugs the heartstrings of any who have some. (Am not mentioning the Female part of things. SO obvious and overstated.)

She takes her opponent unawares with a surprise lefty delivering a sharp 'community organizer' quip, trucks in a sideways jab with her Scranton/San Fran taunt, hooks him hard with her entrenched interests and power broker gibes, and lays on a muscle-packed uppercut with her drilling/pipeline allusion, among several notable other direct hits.

All I'm saying is, she complicates things. >Do people elect a pres merely for an appealing vp? Don't count out Obama and Biden- they're in it to win it. The rabbit punches are already coming, fast as, well rabbits. They have some fancy footwork to exhaust/confuse and have a sharp eye out for the counterpunch with the ruthlessness to draw blood. This one'll definitely be a bleeder folks while they duke it out for the swing voters like me. I guess I'll just wait it out til there's one left standing.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL - I've been glued to the TV this week, too. Fox News, if that gives you any indication of where my loyalties lie. We can sit down and have a good chat (better yet, with Jared - he's extremely persuasive - wanna double?) and get you where you need to be, too. ;)

Totally teasing, you know I'll love you no matter for whom you cast your vote. Especially since, because you're a Utahn, I know it doesn't REALLY matter. There's no stoppin' the Republican Train here.

Laura said...

I am struggling too. Love Palin, not any of the other candidates. Hate McCain. Struggling, struggling, and struggling! At this point, I think I will vote McCain, hoping he is old and will die and we will be left with Palin for President. That whole abortion issue also really sways me!!!

Sally said...

You're funny! Thanks for a little laughter in my life.

Love Palin, but I can't vote yet so...

Tammy said...

Honestly I think either way we go, we will still be in trouble with the economy, we will still be at war, or they will make it worse by creating a bigger war. If they can get government spending under control, that would be great, but don't count on it. I have yet to see either of them make any statement about what they are going to do for the economy. And I don't think I really like the bailout bill either. It's a Christmas tree with lots of ornaments and I think that is wrong. If you are going to save the economy then do it, but why do everything all at once all on the same bill?? Annoying. I don't know what is happening, but since the announcement of Kansas City Temple, I am calling for trouble! :)