Monday, June 16, 2008

Barbeque and Camping Day

Ok. Otherwise known as: Father's Day.

I, the constantly guilt-ridden (shoulda been a Catholic), am feeling bad about something; my parents finally move here after years of role-reversed nagging, and we aren't even here for Dad's 1st Father's day with us. So, my apologies are extended in a sincerely offered note of regret.

That said, we did (guiltily, of course) have a lot of fun at Dinosaurland (alas, no pics made it- what can I say? Those dinosaurs are voracious eaters. Luckily, we went armed with sandwiches.) And Flaming Gorge - where the area is beautiful, but the fishing less than generous (meaning no fish at all. Sad. Hot. Rather boring if you ask me.)

When all was said and done, the best part of the trip, you know, the one thing/event/place the kids can't stop talking about, was the mini 'KOA Kabin' we stayed in. Andrew did have a traumatic moment the first nite, however. He, unbeknownst to us, slithered under the bed and fell asleep, then loudly awoke when he couldn't rollover at 2am. Since we were in deep, exhaustion induced sleep, not to mention utter darkness, it took us (me) a frantic and extended (ok, 9 minutes- but who's counting) amount of time to find him. Meanwhile, Roxie, ever the sympathetic mutt, joined Andrew in protest of the situation. I'm fairly sure the mass exodus by the other campers might have been pre-planned, but the extra thanksgiving in their hearts at leaving was all us. Silver lining: at least we had solid walls around us. Other campers, you can thank us later.

The Hartman Ritual- it's now required, oh boiled ones.

Morgan, fresh from her other camping trip (pre-burned, but only slightly this time), Jared, and Andrew. In the very back, behold our Kabin. The kids are sad this is all we got of it. Therapy will ensue shortly.



The token pic of me: to prove I was there. Thx, little mIss.

10 comments:

Allie said...

I love your posts! And the token pic of you! --bff

Laura said...

What cute family pictures. Sounds like a fun trip---I may have to get more details ----i know my kids would love it.

Bonnie said...

Traci, you are supreme as a writer....love it all. Fun memories for the kids. However, you have to document these times with photos lest they accuse you of never taking them anywhere when they grow up.

me said...

I love to see your blog! Your children are stunning! I cannot believe that is Morgan. I remember when some of the YW were all in your car and Morgan wouldn't stop crying... she has come so far. It makes me feel old!

Erica said...

Traci Hartman!!!! It's been forever!! This is Erica (Tipton) by the way...are you still in Utah?

www.hornerscornerphotos.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Looks like a fun trip. When did your parents move here?

Kolbri said...

OMG! Your kids are so big and beautiful!

Daughter of God said...

I tagged you go to my blog to see how to play, if you want to

loven it! said...

hi there!! i totally remember you from the byu days!! i am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your comment. i have thought about you over the past few years and have wondered what you are up to and then i get a comment on my blog from you! crazy how that works out. i am excited to read and see what you all have been up too. where are you these days? i guess i can read and find out! keep in touch! leigh bullock

Tammy said...

loving the pics! You crack me up! You are like the funniest story teller. I can just hear you saying all of this as I read it. Love it