Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Volunteer Mania

SO, school's in, right? In one of my new classes, intro to soc. work., we're required to volunteer at a nonprofit org. I picked the united way. Do you have any idea how big that org is??? CLearly, I didn't. SO I'm surfing away through the pages and pages of suggestions, and every so often I indicate my interest by opting for more info. *Did you know that if you go volunteer crazy, they put the big kabosh on you? (Just imagine the red alert button flashing away; I can hear it now, "We got ourselves another crazy. A real nut job this time.") Just kidding. However, after a certain few, don't ask me how many- I lost track- just know they definitely get alarmed. Now I'm wondering, R they thinking I'll go postal over all the volunteer stress? Either way it'll be interesting how many responses I get. We'll see who's desperate enough to accept the nutjob. Who knows, maybe they all are and I can enlist the fam to vol. with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they think you are too "volunteer happy" there, Kids On the Move is a great place!

(I hope I figured this comment thing out)

Brooke

Anonymous said...

okay...just wondering if you are still bloggin :}

Brooke